Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Derwin Derwin is offline

Default Tried to recap a tube receiver, and failed.

In article , says...

I wouldn't delve that far, sounds like a PS/PA problem. The OP is confused
man, he said it looks like spaghetti.

Old equipment wiring does look like spaghetti compared to PCB construction.

Yes it does, but apparently that's offensive to Meathead.

DId he replace the electrolytic caps as well?

Yes, I replaced the wax paper ones first, then the electrolytics. I should
have turned it on after doing the wax paper ones because that would've narrowed
down the problem considerably, but I didn't. It all looked pretty
straightforward and I expected it to work.. but considering the age of some of
the other components and wires in there, I should've known better.