Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tigerwood vs Kempas vs Brazilian Cherry

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are ripping up some carpet and putting down some engineered wood
flooring (concrete slab foundation in home).

The problem is we have pets and kids and I do not want a floor that
gets overly scratched and damaged. It needs to be a very hard and
durable wood. So far, tigerwood, kempas, and Brazilian cherry seem to
be at the top of the list. The tigerwood seems to have some UV
coloration issues, but looks nice. The kempas is hard to find. The
cherry is more expensive.

Anyone have opinions on these 3 woods that might help out with my
decision?

I'd be more concerned about the finish on the wood than the wood itself. The
finish on top is probably thicker than the veneer on the wood. The better
manufacturers are using very tough finishes on them. Brazilian Cherry is
one tough wood though. I'm not familiar with the others.