Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller Kevin Miller is offline

Default Sage Advice

Prometheus wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:42:51 GMT, "Tom Storey"
wrote:

If you can find a place that makes wet/dry diving suits, they will usually
sell neoprene remanents and neoprene makes a great backing for velcro and
sticks well with a contact adhesive.

Not a bad suggestion, but I live about as far away from an ocean as
anyone can. Probably not a lot of diving suits around, though I
confess I've never really looked!

But I bet you live near a computer store. I have a foam wrist pad that
sits in front of the keyboard that's about an inch or so thick and 3"
wide. I've made several sanding disks with it and still have plenty
left over for more. Just a couple bucks...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb