Posted to alt.home.repair
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Off to Lowes for another appliance...

trainfan1 wrote:
Second one in less than a year.

Fall, 2006, bought a GE electric range. GE version of the CR "Best Buy"
HotPoint, called all over, all the chains, Sears, Mom & Pops / co-ops &
independents, looked through the www, the Lowes price could not be beat.

Today, a Whirlpool refrigerator that my wife wants & picked out. Called
all over, all the chains, Sears, Mom & Pops / co-ops & independents,
looked through the www, again the Lowes price could not be beat. $100
under the closest price, $200 under most, for the exact same unit. And
it's in stock.

They must have some serious buying power.

Rob

You have a point, always compare total price.

Example: I checked Lowes for a new Maytag electric range. Lowes was
$30.00 cheaper than my local Maytag dealer. But, add $40.00 for Lowes
delivery, PLUS, $32 for the pigtail, PLUS, Lowes would not haul-away the
old appliance.

My local Maytag dealer did not charge extra for the pigtail, did not
charge for delivery, installed for FREE, plus hauled away the old
appliance for FREE.

My savings for not shopping Lowes, was invaluable.