Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Weisgram Jim Weisgram is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

On 26 Apr 2007 08:59:34 -0700, VeryLargeCorp wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. Because the difference from front to back
is so extreme (more than 1/4 inch), I haven't been very precise in my
measurements. I'm trying to just get it in the ballpark before
bothering with precision.

But to answer your question, I'm measuring with a stick clamped to the
miter bar. The stick has a screw in the end. Not the ultimate in
precision, I know, but good enough to get a least kinda close, I would
hope.

ds

When you are ready for precision, you can add a feeler guage to the
mix. Get the screw close but not touching, and the feeler guage will
get you to within .001".