Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Leaving Air Compressor Full

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 26, 7:57 pm, lwhaley wrote:
On Apr 26, 6:50 pm, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:

Partially out of laziness, inertia, procrastination, and partially

because I
use it several times a month, I leave my Porter Cable air compressor

full.
Does this do longterm harm to the machine?

no

I've been led to believe that the compressed air will create moisture/
condensation in the unit which obviously can do damage. I usually try
to remember to bleed mine.

Close but not quite. It's the act of compressing the air that causes the
water build up in the tank. Drain it before you use it and you'll find
yourself well enough protected in practical terms, for the life of the
compressor.

--

-Mike-