Lennie the Lurker

Default HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA...

Richard J Kinch wrote in message ...
Michael David Lay writes:

Now, I have no lathe, they have my money, they apparently don't want
to talk to me to either give my money back or at least tell me when I
might get the friggin lathe.

Tell them to refund your money (or, put in a card dispute) and order it
from Harbor Freight.

Time to inject a little reason here. I have, out of my now nine
lathes, the Speedway in question. I'm happy with it, it does fine for
smaller stuff, and on the small stuff is a lot more convenient than
either of my 12 inchers. No, it isn't going to run precision stuff
out of the box, you've gotta make it do that. Meaning for saving the
money, you've gotta do some work. Take the burrs off everything,
clean it well, make sure there are no chips sticking inside that will
raise hell later, and it will work just fine. I have had zero
problems dealing with Homier. I've bought a few items from them, not
much, and when I ordered the $7 angle grinder, I wasn't expecting a
Milwaukee. Which is good, because I didn't get one either. For the
money, it works. Add on a couple of bucks for one surplus ball
bearing and it works quite well. Yeah, it gets hot after a while, but
for $7 only a fool is going to expect an industrial grade tool. You
bought junk, and that's what you got. Sad fact is that it does what I
expect it to do, and I also expect it to get hot after a while. I'm
not complaining, just pointing out that not everyone expects a
Hardinge toolroom lathe for $300.

It's worth waiting for, it's not 2 inches longer than the HF, It's
four inches longer. Finely finished, smooth and polished? Don't
count on it, it's a little rough, but that's where you use labor to
replace money. It's quite solid and heavy, and MIcroMark has a wealth
of attachments for it at fairly reasonable prices. Don't lose your
temper, just have a little patience. It'll get there, you haven't
been ripped off.