Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveC DaveC is offline

Default ViewSonic plasma TV display problems

ViewSonic VPW505 50" plasma TV is having "issues".

The screen seems to be divided into 6 equal regions: 3 at the top, 3 at the
bottom. In the top center region there are vertical stripes of different
widths between 1" and 2". Some stripes are solid white, some solid black, and
some stripes just distort and tear the displayed video. The top of the entire
display was seen to "tear" while video from a laptop was displayed.

What failure does this symptom indicate? I'm hoping someone recognizes this
behavior.

A service manual is en route to me. Should arrive in my in-box early next
week.

Thanks,
--
DaveC