Posted to sci.electronics.repair
me me is offline

Default Tried to recap a tube receiver, and failed.

Perhaps I should have specified that the unit worked fine before I
recapped it.
It had a bit of a squishy sound so I figured it could use a re-capping
but I
must've screwed up somehow. But re-capping is pretty straight-forward,
and I think I did it right. So now, what could have gone wrong?

It does not work now....

Switching inputs is not going to help me track down the problem at all.
C'mon, I may be a 'self-taught' novice electronics tinkerer, but that
is downright stupid - I already said the music plays fine for a few
seconds after it warms up then it fades out, so obviously its not a
problem of a flakey input.. sheesh.

So troubleshoot it and find the problem. The small difference in capacitor
values you replaced is 99.999999999999999999% likely not to be the problem.