Posted to uk.d-i-y
R.P.McMurphy R.P.McMurphy is offline

Default Granite / marble worktop

R.P.McMurphy wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-04-27 08:51:54 +0100, "R.P.McMurphy"
said:

Where can i get a black piece cut, edges rounded and polished, 90cm X
70cm,
30mm thick, for a reasonable price?

cheers

Steve
Lots of places. Google and Yellow Pages are the place to start.

Preferably find a local supplier with his own workshop because a lot of
the cost with granite is in transport.

BTW. if this is for a kitchen, marble is not suitable.

it is for the kitchen, but only for a pastry prep area. I did try
Google, but some of the prices the online calculator were quoting £400+!

That's not unreasonable..good thick marble is around 100/sq meter..or
more.

I have a load of 20mm marble sheets which are just cuttable with a tile
saw if you want some. West Suffolk area.

I took some to a place in Cambridge to get them glued together and cut and
polished to make a vanity unit top..the cost was in the hundreds just for
that..but about half what it would have been using THEIR marble.

Steve
Steve

thanks for the offer, but I've put some feelers out locally and should be
able to get it done for £200 which is around what i was expecting/prepared
to pay.

Steve