Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing house name ( OT).

bluebell wrote:
Another question. I am sorry. Does anyone know how you go about changing
your house name?

Having read the other replies, I think the answer is simple. You just
put up a new name board outside the house

And tell everybody to send to the new name, and then tell the post
office its got a new name, and then every time someone sends a letter to
the old name, you send them a pre-printed card announcing you have moved
house to 'new name'.

Even if some jobsworth eventually says 'ere! U karnt DU that' most of
the official people will blithely accept that the new name is what you
say it is, and the two words 'Fait Accompli' spring to mind..