Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Granite / marble worktop

R.P.McMurphy wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-04-27 08:51:54 +0100, "R.P.McMurphy"
said:

Where can i get a black piece cut, edges rounded and polished, 90cm X
70cm,
30mm thick, for a reasonable price?

cheers

Steve

Lots of places. Google and Yellow Pages are the place to start.

Preferably find a local supplier with his own workshop because a lot of
the cost with granite is in transport.

BTW. if this is for a kitchen, marble is not suitable.

it is for the kitchen, but only for a pastry prep area. I did try Google,
but some of the prices the online calculator were quoting £400+!

That's not unreasonable..good thick marble is around 100/sq meter..or more.

I have a load of 20mm marble sheets which are just cuttable with a tile
saw if you want some. West Suffolk area.

I took some to a place in Cambridge to get them glued together and cut
and polished to make a vanity unit top..the cost was in the hundreds
just for that..but about half what it would have been using THEIR marble.

Steve
Steve