Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Changing house name ( OT).

On 28 Apr, 09:26, PL wrote:
bluebell wrote:

Its only recently some tw@t in the Post Office has seen fit to allow the new
houses to have the names of existing ones ...

Are you sure about that? I thought the Local Authority was responsible
for street naming and numbering and that the PO was, perhaps, just a
consultee in the process. Why don't you take the issue up with the LA?

I presume you've taken it up with the new builds? A letter explaining
that if they use those names, since there is already a hiouse by that
name, they will fail to receive a goodly proportion of mail, which
will result in unpaid bills, utilities being cut off as a result,
credit ratings ruined, CC summons, financial records being sent to
others in the village and so on.

Pointing this out in a calm way might make them think twice. Whereas
jumping up & down saying I was here first will achieve nothing.

If you do change your house name, all you do is fit a new plaque and
tell the PO. You can do it with no plaque, but thats asking for
delivery problems.

NT