Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Running cables across a room- no longer

In article ,
OG wrote:
We're planning on replacing the carpet in our main living room with some
of that engineered wood flooring. At present we have the Hi-Fi unit on
the opposite side of the room to the speakers,so we have 'flat profile'
speaker cable running across the room close to one of the end walls.
I'm happy to do this because we could leave a slight gap in the foam
underlay to allow for the depth of the cables, but it seems we won't be
able to do the same when we replace carpet + underlay with the wood
flooring. What's the usual approach?

Forget the speakers and get some cordless headphones. Seriously. Wood
floors will make the system sound horrid after carpet.

--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.