Posted to uk.d-i-y
bluebell bluebell is offline

Default Changing house name ( OT).

"rrh" wrote in message
k...

"bluebell" wrote in message
Another question. I am sorry. Does anyone know how you go about changing
your house name?

I can see the only solution to this is for me to change my name ( as the
post office have allowed the other two to have our house name. They
cannot be changed now , so I have to change, even though we had the name
longest)

So what do I do to change the house name?

Are you absolutely sure your house does not have a number?

I am absolutely certain. There is no number. I actually live on a
smallholding - an ex market garden. None of the houses in the village have
numbers. The village isnt that big and the houses are spread out. None is
numbered at all except for the small development of social housing at the
bottom of the village. That has numbers but thats new build.

Its only recently some tw@t in the Post Office has seen fit to allow the new
houses to have the names of existing ones though. I always thought a house
had to have a name different to ones in the bvillage already. I I know when
a new house was built in my mothers village a few years back the owners
were told thatey couldnt have the firts two names they selected because
there were other houses in neighbouring villages with the same names.

But now, anything goes it seems.