Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default Equity in my Land.

In article .com,
TheEv wrote:

I have a simple question:

I own, in full, a lot of land I am going to build a house on. Will
construction loan lenders favor me because I have equity already in
the land?

Actually, it complicates things greatly. If the loan was to
go bad, they would have a hard time repo'ing the house unless
they also had control of the land. Builders are increasingly
refusing to build houses on land that they do not own. You
may end up having to sell the lot to the builder, then buying
the house as a package. Or you may end up having pledge the
lot against the loan as collateral. All you can do is ask, and
every deal is different.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications