Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hiring a contractor - insurance issue

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

"Laborers brought on site by Contractor are not insured by Contractor.
Additionally other Subcontractors brought on site are not insured by
Contractor."

Is this a disaster waiting to happen? I want to make sure he only use
subs that are properly insured for injury, and he is saying he does not
care.

Am I demanding too much? I don't think so.

If they are independent contractors themselves, he does not have to cover
them. He only has to cover his employees. I don't know about your state,
but some only if you have a certain number of employees, like 3 or 5 or
more.

This is how the contractor avoids the high cost of workman's comp insurance.
Now, it is possible that each individual worker makes enough money that they
provide their own insurance. Yes it is possible.