Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 30pt vs. 45 pt dehumidifier - does it matter which I buy if I'm going to hook it up to a hose?

On Apr 27, 4:05 pm, Joe wrote:
I'm going to by a Haier dehumidifier this weekend and I'm going to
let it drain into my sump pump. Can I get away with purchasing the
smaller less expensive 30pt model if it's going to drain automatically
or does the 30pt actually pertain to how much moisture it can remove
from the air in 24 hours. Forgive me, I know nothing about
dehumidifiers and haven't found too many authoritative sites on the
web.

It is the moisture per day. The smaller one may work but will run longer to
remove the same amount of moisture, up the the maximum per day. If you are
removing 20 pints per day, either one will have the capacity.

A second factor is the fan. The larger one should have a bit more air
circulation thus making the room a bit more even.