Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Mounting Filter-regulator-lubricator

On Apr 27, 11:30 am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I just bought my first air compressor and some cheap tools.

Thought I'd do it right and get a filter/regulator/lubricator set.

Since I'll be using this setup far from the garage about 1/2 the time,
I want things to be portable- so mounting the FRL to a bench isn't
practical.

I was sure I'd see a million different ways of mounting the FRL on a
jobsite- but I'm drawing a blank. Is it my google skills, poor
choice of keywords, or is it something so obvious that no-one has ever
had to ask before?

A couple thoughts I've had were-
mount it on a box that holds my tools- mount it on a sawhorse-like
affair that also holds a hose retractor.

How is it usually done?
Thanks,
Jim

FRL's are usually large and heavy (relative to air line plumbing) and
should be well supported. Some contractors have a length of angle iron
welded to the compressor frame for support. U-clamps can then be used
to tie the FRL to the angle iron. Compressors vibrate rather much, so
connection to the compressor output should be via a short length of
flex hose such as Aeroquip or similar. Something like that may be what
you need. HTH

Joe