Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Pisano Charles Pisano is offline

Default Frozen Pipes Follow up..

Not sure if anyone remebers my posts regarding being concerned about my
pipes freezing in my vacation home. I ended up trying to drain as much
out as I could and crossed my fingers.

When I returned here this year, I came back to a busted water meter ($90
incl. parts and labor). I figure I'd have spent more than that on
electric if I'd have listened to the builder and left the whole house on
at 65. And the power could have gone out anyway.

Nothing happened to the latex paint that was in my garage. Not sure why.
It was pretty full.

Anyway this year I guess I'll use heat tape on the meter section and
hope the rest of it goes as good as it did last year.

Strange thing about the home improvement stores in the NE, you can't buy
things like this (heat tape, space heaters etc) out of season. I could
use a space heater in my upstairs bedroom right now and I'd like to work
on my heat tape, but I guess it's not happening till fall.

Charles