Posted to alt.home.repair
Aardvark Aardvark is offline

Default Maytag dryer won't start, just hums.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:57:51 -0700, btrflywngs88 wrote:

Hi, My 2005 Maytag dryer won't start, it just makes a humming noise.

I would like to try to fix this myself, but have no clue at all what I
am doing.

Thanks from a girl in desperate need.

Sounds like either the drive belt has broken or come off the drive pulley
on the motor. Unplug it, lay it on its front and remove the back. Look for
the belt. If it's still in one piece just pop it back onto the pulley.
There should be a little groove round the drum into which the belt settles
when working.

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06