Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default HF 1200 CFM DC

cc wrote:

A different question...new DC (yes, HF based on many reviews), new
hosing, cartridge filter on top, etc....

Not getting much suction, regardless of what point..does the cartridge
need to get some dust coating on it (like a felt bag) before it really
pulls? Am looking for someone who has experience with this model
personally, although opinions are always welcome..thanks all..

I doubled the filter bags, which of course doubled the through put. But
then I decided to get all the dust out of the shop that I could and used
the blower assembly to power a cyclone and ducted the discharge outside
into an "outhouse" (complete with a "half moon" on the door.) Works very
well and the shop is cleaner.

Deb