Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default How to make a "soft ping" timer?

HI Clive

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:32:18 GMT, Clive Mitchell
wrote:

In message , Adrian
writes
I looked at re-engineering it to make it a bit more 'user-friendly' (or
'idiot-proof' !) . In the application I had it would have been good to
have the CD index read every time a new CD was inserted, rather than
just at power-on, and it would have been reassuring to have a big green
'I'm ready to play' light and a comforting yellow 'I'm playing' light -
but in the end I never got the necessary round tuit.

As a super reliable alternative consider one of the theme park automated
players from http://www.gilderfluke.com . They use memory cards so
there's nothing to wear out.

There's reliable and there's 'user friendly' g

What we needed was some kind of a simple solution -
along the lines of 'select the CD with the hymns on that you'd like to
play and put it into the drive'. Everything in the right order, just
press the 'go' button to play each track in the right sequence..

Even then, people manage to cock it up ! g

Regards
Adrian