Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell Clive Mitchell is offline

Default How to make a "soft ping" timer?

In message , Adrian
writes
I looked at re-engineering it to make it a bit more 'user-friendly' (or
'idiot-proof' !) . In the application I had it would have been good to
have the CD index read every time a new CD was inserted, rather than
just at power-on, and it would have been reassuring to have a big green
'I'm ready to play' light and a comforting yellow 'I'm playing' light -
but in the end I never got the necessary round tuit.

As a super reliable alternative consider one of the theme park automated
players from http://www.gilderfluke.com . They use memory cards so
there's nothing to wear out.

--
Clive Mitchell