Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Chip in Granite - Any suggestions to fill or just leave alone?

"fishcakes" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello - We got about a quarter inch round chip in our Uba Tuba Granite
when a glass salt shaker fell from the top cabinet. Does anyone have
any suggestions or home remedies that the do it yourselfer could try
to fill the chip. I noticed there may be some professional granite
fill products, but they seem complicated. I'm not too worried about
an exact color match, just looking for something to fill the hole as
it is unfortunately in a very noticeable section of the counter. I
was thinking like clear silicon, but then thought that may not stick
to it or be good for a food prep area. What is generally done about
chips of this size, or is the answer simply leave it alone and live
with it.

Can't help you, but you made me feel better about not getting granite when
we redid our kitchen.
Granite was beautiful, but corian just seemed more practical. Sorry about
your problem, but thanks for sharing.