Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default How seal 1" wide long hole

In article .com,
Albert wrote:
Look at the following picture....

http://netmation.com/kitwire.jpg

Need to seal the long strip of a hole upto the outlet. Can something
like this be done with just drywall mud without any other backing.
Also the rest of the wall has a 3d texture to it. Is there such a
think as texture tape to make the patch look simlar. How do
drywallers even get the different textures on a wall?

Some kind of backing is needed just to keep the mud from falling into the
wall cavity. However, for the picture you posted, probably the easiest and
neatest solution is simply to make a clean cut somewhat larger than the
mangled section, and use a small piece of drywall. If I was doing
it I would cut out a rectangle from just above and to the left of
the box, extending down to the floor and right to the corner.