Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wayne Tiffany Wayne Tiffany is offline

Default ViewSonic G220fb monitor ghosting

Thanks for the reply. I do have it hooked to a known good source in that
the computer that is currently driving it was just fine on the previous
monitor. We swapped the monitor with another computer because the good one
wasn't being used as often as the streaky one, and the problem went with the
monitor, not stayed with the video card. I checked to see if that monitor
had more than one input, and it does not. The cable is hard wired so I
can't even try another cable.

I'm curious, though. If the issue is ringing as you describe, why would the
streaks only show up to the right of objects, rather than to both sides of
everything?

WT

"Yukio YANO" wrote in message

Classic case of Ringing caused by an unterminated line !!
I don't know why your Video line is ringing but the first test would be to
plug in a signal using a working signal source, and cable from a working
monitor. I had this problem on a SUN monitor and cured it by switching the
Video Signals onto the Terminated Connections. Just imagine a Square Wave
being fed into an unterminated line and seeing the signal being reflected
from the unterminated connector in a series of ripples (ghosts} !

Yukio YANO

Wayne Tiffany wrote:
We have several of these monitors, and they are all performing very well
except one. It has started showing ghosting lines that go out to the
right of an object. The object can be letters, a dialog box, etc, but
the lines all appear to the right only. None of the standard controls
seem to affect the lines.

I haven't opened it yet for lack of time, but just looking for ideas.
Thanks.

WT