Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Grizzly $99 scroll chuck? (Greenhorn's review)

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message
Bought the additional jaws offered by Grizzly, and test mounted
them on the chuck. I noticed immediately that they did not come
together perfectly when fully closed, but found that by loosening the
jaw attaching screws slightly, closing the jaws together and then
retightening the screws resulted in an "eyeball" perfect closing.

My 8 gallon ShopVac is full now, is there any good use for
these chips, curls and dust? Seems a shame to waste so much
good stuff!
Old Chief Lynn (whose SHMBO has been quite tolerant)

Well, I don't know what they're doing with them, but I always put my
chips out on the curb with a sign that says "Free" and lists the wood
species inside. They're always gone within hours.

Best guess is people use them for mulch. I've done that myself around
the bushes in front of the house. Looks all right, and is less risky
for landscaping than rocks, which seem to like to roll out to where
the mower can grab and toss them.