Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Leaving Air Compressor Full

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Doug wrote:

I've been led to believe that the compressed air will create moisture/
condensation in the unit which obviously can do damage. I usually try
to remember to bleed mine.

Removing water is totally different than letting out the pressure.

Ditto ...

I moved the drain plug to the end of a 3' length of air hose on my small
vertical, where it is much more accessible.

The air hose holds quite a bit of water that would otherwise be in the tank,
and, unlike the tank, is rustproof ... and gravity does the work.

It is a simple matter to open the cock slightly every other day or so and
let the water in the hose squirt out, and draining the tank this way doesn't
even cause the compressor to cycle on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07