Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keller_eric@yahoo.com is offline

Default Leaving Air Compressor Full

On Apr 26, 6:50 pm, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
Partially out of laziness, inertia, procrastination, and partially because I
use it several times a month, I leave my Porter Cable air compressor full.
Does this do longterm harm to the machine?

I have a 6 gallon pancake compressor by Porter Cable. When I use it
it's only for an hour or two. Afterwards, when I bleed it I see water
coming out of the tank. So I bleed it after each use. It only takes a
few minutes to compress the unit so it's well worth the effort. So my
recommendation is, if you see water coming out when you bleed the
tank, then bleed the tank whenever you are done using it.