Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

When I first got my tablesaw I checked and set the alignment only
by setting a combination square body up against the miter slot and
extending the blade til it just kissed the frontmost tooth of the blade.
Turn the blade til that same tooth is at the rear, then move the combination
square back, adjust until the blade makes same degree of contact with
same tooth at the rear. A little time consuming perhaps but effective. IIRC
I read of this method in Kelly Mehler's Tablesaw book. After I got
a dial indicator and rechecked the saw it was within a few thousandths.