Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default New countertop for kitchen sink

Hello,
I will be replacing a badly deteriorating countertop for a kitchen
sink in an old trailer house we own as a getaway on a small lake. The
double sink is in ok condition to reuse I think. I went to Home Depot
and bought about the right size formica countertop that would fit the
space. Now I need to mark and cut out the opening in the countertop
for the double sink. I was wondering if anyone could give me any
pointers in doing this correctly so I don't end up wishing I had hired
someone else to do it right. Again, it is for an old 1970's vintage
trailer house so I'm not all that much concerned with getting a
flawless job. I will be basically tearing out the whole counter
including lower cabinet frame which included several drawers and a few
larger doors and inner shelves. The whole thing measured about 8 ft
long by 2 feet wide by about 3 feet high.

Thanks!

Steve