Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default Garage door opener question

Some people just won't learn until the $#!+ hits the fan.

Rich
http://www.garagedoorpartsllc.com

"Jack S" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Steve B" wrote in message
"Steve Barker" writes:
you need(ed) to reverse the two sensors. I don't remember which is
which,
but one color or the other is not supposed to be in the sun if possible.
That's another reason they work great mounted on the ceiling above the
unit
a foot apart.

Can you explain that? I do not see the reasoning of putting them on the
ceiling if they can't sense something blocking the door opening.

That feature was designed to avoid injuring children by the door lowering
on them. Disabling it could set the owner up for a law suit.

Steve