Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Is an air filter necessary

Doug wrote:
Since installing a central DC system a few years ago, I no longer work
in an obvious cloud of dust when in the shop. What a huge difference
it made! However, I've contemplated in the time since adding a filter
system. My shop is about 400 sq. feet with only about a 7 1/2 foot
ceilings. I also probably only average 3-4 hours a week in it. Would
it be a worthy investment for my health given my situation? What
have people found to be the case?

I've got one in my two car garage/shop. Since putting it up, I've noticed
considerably less dust out there after I woodwork. All of that dust on the
washing machine would also be in my lungs; now it's not on or in either.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com