Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

On Apr 26, 6:29 pm, tom wrote:
On Apr 26, 6:09 pm, "__ Bob __" wrote:

Stoutman wrote:
Was he using the same spot on the blade for the front and back measurements?
If he wasn't, he is introducing even more error onto his "stick on a miter
gauge" alignment method technique.

Damn, Sam .. .. when you're talking about .250"+ discrepency, I wouldn't
be too concerned with WHAT tooth he used .. UNLESS his blade is warped
by that amount .. get real here. For what he's trying to accomplish
here, a high-dollar alignment tool would be a waste of time and money.
The ONLY thing a TS-Aligner would do is to more accurately inform him
of the degree of his problem.
Hell, I have one or two test indicators whose total travel is probably
less than .250", but they are extremely accurate within their range.
Maybe that's what he needs .. an indicator that reads in ten-thousandths
of an inch .. .. that'll make his error appear 10 times greater .. ..
AND it will be super-accurate !! !! !!

sheesh !!!

Agreed, to a point. All you really need to align the blade to the slot
is a consistent reference point (provided by the screw on the stick on
the gauge) and a set of feeler gauges. Tom- Hide quoted text -

Sorry to the TSaligner clan... Tom