Posted to rec.woodworking
Stoutman Stoutman is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

"__ Bob __" wrote in message
Stoutman wrote:

If you really serious about getting your table saw aligned. Give this a
try:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TS_aligner.htm

Disclaimer: No affiliation. Just a satisfied customer.

I don't think his problen is being able to measure how far off it is .. ..
he can't move it enough to get it in proper alignment .. .. how will a
TS-Aligner help him with that ??

One more thing. What do you mean by "proper alignment"? I am a little
skeptical that his saw was that out of wack before he started screwing with
it.

How close to "proper alignment" can you get with the stick on a miter gauge
technique? 0.1" 0.01??? As little as 0.005" in error can adversely
effect the quality of your cuts.

Was he using the same spot on the blade for the front and back measurements?
If he wasn't, he is introducing even more error onto his "stick on a miter
gauge" alignment method technique.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com