Posted to rec.woodworking

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

VeryLargeCorp wrote:

On Apr 26, 12:10 pm, sailor wrote:
Is this a new saw? If so, return it, it's defective. That is assuming
you didn't forget to loosen a bolt or two!!

It's new--still under warranty. The Grizzly folks actually offered to
start a return procedure, at least for the main table with the
trunnion mechanism. That's such a hassle, I'm just trying everything I
can before doing a return.

I missed the beginning of this thread, but if it's a contractor saw check to
be sure the error is the same at 90 and at 45. If not, the two bars
connecting the front and back trunnions are not parallel.

--
It's turtles, all the way down