Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default Grizzly $99 scroll chuck? (Greenhorn's review)

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote in message
. ..
Bought the additional jaws offered by Grizzly, and test mounted
them on the chuck. I noticed immediately that they did not come
together perfectly when fully closed, but found that by loosening the
jaw attaching screws slightly, closing the jaws together and then
retightening the screws resulted in an "eyeball" perfect closing.

My 8 gallon ShopVac is full now, is there any good use for
these chips, curls and dust? Seems a shame to waste so much
good stuff!
Old Chief Lynn (whose SHMBO has been quite tolerant)

You followed the instructions for mounting jaws that come with a NOVA .
Probably works for the same reason.

As to shavings, they make great fire starters when they're from dry wood.
Looks almost like excelsior, and makes decent heat. Dust isn't worth the
effort. Mulch potential or compost when properly blended with grass
clippings or other material. Just delivered nine feed sacks stuffed with
fresh birch and maple to my neighbor's place. He returned some of last
year's, well-mixed with horse manure. The poppies will love it.