Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default So, do I need to adjust my trunnions?

Will,

I had the same problem but to a much lesser degree on my Delta
contractor's saw. I elongated the mounting holes and still couldn't
get it right-on. That's when I noticed the problem wasn't the I.D. of
the hole but there was an interference between the O.D of the boss and
a rib on the bottom of the table. After I ground the interfering
areas I was able to make all adjustments easily.

G.S.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:45:29 -0500, "Will" wrote:

I been toying with the idea of
removing the rear trunion and elongating the holes so that I can bring it in
even closer. Do any of you think this is a good idea before I do it?