Posted to rec.woodworking
Stoutman Stoutman is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

"VeryLargeCorp" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the suggestions. Because the difference from front to back
is so extreme (more than 1/4 inch), I haven't been very precise in my
measurements. I'm trying to just get it in the ballpark before
bothering with precision.

But to answer your question, I'm measuring with a stick clamped to the
miter bar. The stick has a screw in the end. Not the ultimate in
precision, I know, but good enough to get a least kinda close, I would
hope.

ds

If you really serious about getting your table saw aligned. Give this a
try:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TS_aligner.htm

Disclaimer: No affiliation. Just a satisfied customer.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com