Posted to rec.woodworking
VeryLargeCorp VeryLargeCorp is offline

Default So, do I need to adjust my trunnions?

On Apr 25, 7:34 pm, "DanG" wrote:
I'm sorry for your difficulties.

If you have a zero clearance throat plate, it will not work when
you lean the saw over on a 45°. You need a plate with a wider
throat.

No, this was the regular throat plate, so I should be able to make
that 45 degree cut.

I have known saws that needed to have the hole(s) in the trunnion
enlarged to allow adjustment. I assume you have loosened the
trunnion bolt to the point of coming out to make sure the front is
loose, though it should only need to be loosened so a heavy blow
will move the end.

Right, I had made them super loose to make sure I can make any
adjustment at all. I asked this question, stated differently, again,
and someone suggested making sure that wheel to adjust the blade angle
was loose from the cabinet--that this could keep the front trunnion
from adjusting. I'm going to try that later today.

I sure hope I don't have to drill out the holes or something!