Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default Combi boiler - low pressure output?

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've just had a WB 40 CDi combi installed into a house that was
previously a standard boiler/tank/cylinder affair. The short story is
that we can't run a bath and shower off it at the same time (I don't
mean that the pressure drops off a bit on the shower - it actually
stops). Various plumbers and even the WB site itself would indicate
that you can't expect to do everything at once on a combi, but I did
expect more when just two outlets were opened.

Any ideas why this might be and/or what can we do?

Before you go any further check the gas rate with the hot water all on full
and compare with the specification for the boiler. Should be recorded on
the Benchmark. Its possible that the DHW cold feed has been restricted
and the gas rate is limiting. With hot water on full what is the indicated
temperature for the hot water?

The problems you are experiencing are typical for a combi unfortunately.

Jim A