Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Septic tank roots

On Apr 26, 6:24�am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Al Bundy" wrote in message

"Toller" wrote in news:%oVXh.7272$B25.1604
@news01.roc.ny:

"donh" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Help! *I have a problem with roots growing in my septic tank. * What do
you recommend to kill them and prevent them from coming back? * Thanks
Deep down, you already know the answer; don't you?

Thought I read some place about salt is the best thing. Don't know the
details. And, where I read it was on the Internet so, it must be true huh?

It was dump a bag of salt in a basement sink and let it dissolve slowly. I
don't know if it affects septic systems, the guy that did it was on city
sewer. *He did it once a year.- Hide quoted text -

thats me although I do it a few times a year, top tree root growth is
spring, just before trees leaf out.

I dont know what effect salt would have on a septic tank....