Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

On Apr 25, 7:12 pm, VeryLargeCorp wrote:
Hi, folks,

Using lots of advice I've found on this group, I set about adjusting
my Grizzly contractor tablesaw to correct its extreme blade heel
problem--the back of the blade was over to the left at least 1/4 inch
more than the front of the blade!

I loosened the two back trunnion bolts and whacked, to no avail.

I loosened one of the front ones--still no better.

I have now loosened all four.

The whole assemble is will move around, but it seems to be moving
AROUND a point at the front of the blade. In other words, I can push
the back of the blade (via the trunnions below) and move the assembly
and the blade back and forth--but it's basically pivoting at the front
of the blade.

Just moving the back doesn't make enough of a correction. I need to
move the front one way and the back the other, but the front doesn't
seem to want to move.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

DS

Had a similar problem with my Jet CTS so you are not alone. Make sure
you loosen up the tilt wheel from the case that could keep the front
from moving.