Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Sanding a Gyprock Ceiling

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:03:47 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Hello,

I'm installing a new gyprock ceiling that I'm in the process of
sanding down.

The amount of sanding should be very minimal. You're either using too much
mud, or being sloppy (I'm guilty here).

Try using THIN coats of mud and getting them smooth when applied.

In the early '70s Walt Disney came to Orlando. Sheet rock was nailed
with blue nails and a "sheet rock hatchet". The head of hatchet would
dimple the board, so the finisher needed to come back a second day.
Usually a two coat process then.

I also find a damp sponge can do the job equally well as long as there isn't
too much material to remove.

--
Oren