Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

Default Need 12 volt ac to 24 volt ac transformer

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:18:20 GMT,
put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Hi I need to convert 12 volts ac to 24 volts ac for an outdoor
lighting project low amperage, say 500 ma. I am looking for a small
boosting transformer on the cheap. Any suggestions on where I can find
something like this? Alternately I could use a cheap 12 volt ac to 24
volt dc converter. Google has turned up endless garbage for me.

Thanks

Here's a voltage doubling rectifier:

D1
o-----|--||-----|-----o +16V
| _|_ +
12VAC | --- C1
rms | |
o----- )---------+-----o 0V
| _|_ +
| --- C2
| D2 |

The unloaded output voltage is around 33V, but under load you may get
closer to your target.

- Franc Zabkar

OR you could get one of those 220 to 110 travel adaptors and wire the
110 side to 12 VAC and get 24 VAC out the other side.

- Tim -