Posted to alt.home.repair
Nut Nut is offline

Default Toilet bowl full of water

We moved into this apartment a few days ago.
We are on municipal sewer.
Bathrooms are side by side.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article Z4NXh.127940$aG1.117457@pd7urf3no, "Nut"
wrote:
I have 2 toilets where the bowls are 3/4 full of water.
When flushing they either flush very very slowly or don't flush at all and
you must reflush.

I get scared every time I flush as the water rises so close to over
flowing.

Is there away of adjusting the water in the bowl to lower the level of
water?
Maybe there both clogged?

Could be they're both clogged, yes. But the following are much more
likely:

- a clog in a pipe that both toilets share, either inside or outside the
house
- if the two toilets share the same vent stack, the vent may be clogged
- if you're on a septic system, your tank is full and needs to be pumped
(and
you probably have other problems as well).

Need more information to give you a better answer:
Are you on a septic system, or a municipal sewer?
Did the problems appear at about the same time on the two toilets?
Where are the two toilets, in relation to each other?
Do you have small children? If so, are you missing anything? (Around age 2
or
3, a lot of kids think it's fun to flush stuff down the toilet, to watch
it
disappear.)

--
Regards,