Posted to alt.home.repair
CathyLee CathyLee is offline

Default Whirlpool Tub questions

I installed a Maax Picadilly Aerosens about 1 year ago I love it but it's
alittle strong (no gentle air bubbles caressing you skin) for my Hubby but
the shape of the tub is very comfy he almost falls asleep. I didn't know you
can get a switch to adjust the strength .. .too late now. There is no water
in the holes because it gets blown out about 20 minutes after you get out
with no extensive plumbing.

No problem with cleaning but I am noticing alittle rust on the acrylic I
cannot get off with everyday cleaners.

I do have a shower installed with mine and that was a concern of leaking for
my carpenter as I was putting it in a alcove. No one told us we needed a
special tiling flange ? to go around the tub....just found that out on the
website after we finished tiling.

I did buy the skirt but it didn't fit right and had to be filed down ...very
flimsy and pricey

http://www.maax.com/en/Products/Aqua.../aquasens.aspx

CathyLee

Ah, so you really like it! Down in the basement I have a whirlpool
attachment; my father once won it in a raffle. He's been dead for
around 20 years so I'm not sure what shape it's in. It fits over the
side of the tub and has one big jet that pushes the water. I used it
once years ago. I'd use it more often but my tub has the cat litter
tray in it. I have a separate shower.

My plan was to build a shower into the tub and move the cat litter
into the old shower (which will all be redone anyway). I figure that
the shower will keep the litter dust contained and I can just run the
shower to wash it away.

Ok, so the whirlpool tub seems like a bad idea. Maybe when I look here
later today 150 people will have written in about how they use it all
the time. In the meantime I think I'll look around to see if there are
any good whirlpool attachments for when I have a bad muscle pain. It
seems that they have gone out of style though.