Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default OT - Steady Rest

"Stephen M" wrote in message
.. .
I have a oneway spindle steady. It was well worth the $100. I too have a
Jet 1442. It's very simple (fast) to adjust; loosen a few wing nuts, close
it like sissors and tighten up the nuts.

Some if the home made designs, such as the one recently posted on ABPW are
not nearly as elegant.

If the parts are handy and cheap I would try home made, otherwise I would
just buy one.

Good rig. In case you haven't got one, I find that one of those 3/4
ratcheting box wrenches are a handy as can be for tightening and loosening
it from the ways.

You have the spindle too? Less attractive, though the kids got one for me.