Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default Double Glazing Help

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:19:58 +0100, SimonW
mused:

On the bottom hinge I have a small piece of plastic with a ridge on it,
that slides up and down the hinge. It seems all it does is to make the
window more easier/harder to close when the bottom of window frame meets
the plastic. i.e. The more I slide it away from the window handle the
easier it is for the window to close.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

A picture tells a thousand words.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Well it may make no sense to Lurch but to me it is obvious. This is the
adjustable friction hinge so you can set the hinge such that the window
stays where you put it. The adjustment compensated for the weigth of the
window in a top hung light and for likely wind load for a side hung light.
Does this help?

Bob